Convenient disposable bag trap is a better choice for easy catching and clean disposal of flies.
Victor® Poison-Free® Fly Magnet® Disposable Fly Trap With Bait - 6 Traps
Are flies taking over your back yard, forcing you to move your guests inside? Take back your yard with our highly effective fly trap!
Hang our Victor® Poison-Free® Fly Magnet® Disposable Fly Traps around the perimeter of your property to keep your flying insect problems away from your home and outdoor living area.
This fly trap attracts house, barn and bottle flies. It contains the best bait formula available on the market. No cutting or assembly required and the hanging mechanism is included!! This bag trap is easy to use - just add water and hang, then when full, just snap top onto trap to seal and place in trash. It's that convenient and that easy!
Directions for Use:
- Remove plastic.
- Pull string to open trap.
- Add warm water to fill line.
- Hang trap onto tree branch or other suitable hanger.
- Hang trap from trees or stakes
- Keep water level at fill line at all times
- May take several hours for bait to fully activate
- Flies prefer warm, bright calm areas
- Eliminating one female fly can reduce population by 150-500 flies per year
- Flies are dormant until temperatures reach 65 degrees F.
- Flies search for food at low sources. Traps are most effective when placed 24 inches or less from the ground.
Victor® - Pest Control Solutions from the Company You’ve Trusted for Over 115 Years.
Victor® Poison-Free® Fly Magnet® Disposable Fly Trap With Bait - 6 Traps - Specs
- Attracts house, barn and bottle flies
- Easy to use - add water and hang
- Hanger for the bag is included
- Baited system will last a long time. Effectiveness is not diminished with time. Bait will attract a broad range of species, including house and blowflies
- Clean disposal -- snap top onto trap to seal and place in trash
What's in the Box:
- 6 Fly Traps
- Bait is completely non-toxic and made of dehydrated food-grade products
Disclaimer: Safer® Brand does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
- All About
All About Flies Victor® Poison-Free® Fly Magnet® Disposable Fly Trap Controls
Houseflies (black, non-glossy body) and blowflies (metallic blue/green/gold body) are the most common types found around homes -- both are categorized as "filth flies". Houseflies are attracted more toward animal manure and decayed food, while the blowfly is attracted more to decayed meat (road kill) or fish.
Learn more about flying insects:
- Control Options
Controlling Flying Insects
Natural & Organic Controls
Indoor and outdoor fly traps containing non-poisonous baits, fly paper, and aerosol sprays containing pyrethrins/d-limonene are types of products that can be effective in controlling houseflies.
Indoor fly traps can be safely used inside the home when directions are followed. Outdoor fly traps can be used when many flies have infiltrated an area. There are different types of fly paper available for indoor and outdoor use as well.
Use non-poisonous aerosols such as those containing mint oil, pyrethrin, and d-limonene for instant spot control.
Outdoor fly traps contain food attractants that draws flies. These traps should be placed outdoors according to trap instructions. Set these traps away from outdoor living spaces. By attracting flies, the trap will keep them away from your home, patio or deck.
Indoor fly traps may also contain food based baits and can be used safely in the home when directions are followed. Some traps attract flies just because of their 3-D look. Flies are always looking for a place to land and the color contrast of some traps creates the look of an edge for them to land. Fly paper, an adhesive type of paper, can be placed around windows, in garages, and in barns and stables.
Use aerosols in accordance with directions on the product label.
Fly traps and fly paper should be placed when fly numbers increase. Flies increase in numbers as the temperature rises and often after rainfall since these factors cause the flies' eggs to hatch.
Flies are less active and roost in corners, on ceilings and on the tops of window panes during the heat of the day. Spraying them at this time of day is the most effective use of aerosol sprays.
Why Choose a Natural Solution?
Natural solutions break down quickly to their natural elements. They are preferable to chemical pesticides that leave residuals where they are sprayed causing long-term detrimental effects on the environment.
Methods of controlling houseflies include all of the following: removing organic debris from the inside or outside of your house, properly maintaining screens and screen doors, and closing off any cracks in your outside walls that would allow flies to enter your home.
Remove organic debris and trash near your home and in your yard. Place it in a trash bag and tightly close it. Put it out on trash day.
Make sure all of your windows have screens on them. Fix or replace any screens containing holes. Keep doors or screen doors closed.
Use caulk or weather-stripping to fill in any cracks or holes in the outside walls of your home.
Pet waste should be cleaned and disposed of often and removed with the trash weekly.
Remove any organic debris and trash from inside as well as outside of your home throughout the year.
Check screens and screen door before installing or using in the Spring. Periodically check them throughout the summer. Also, check them in the fall before storing them.
Fill in any cracks or holes in your outside walls in late summer or early fall before houseflies enter your home in search of warmer surroundings.
Tips for Trapping Flies
- The system will generally attract flies from a distance of 30-40 feet, depending on wind conditions.
- Add water to the trap if the solution gets below the fill line. Water is needed to drown the trapped flies.
- Flies like heat, light, low wind. Place traps in sunny areas. If in an enclosed area such as a barn, place traps within 6 feet of an electrical light.
- Flies search low for food sources. Traps are most effective when placed 24 inches or less from ground level.
- Flies remain dormant until their body temperature reaches approximately 65 degrees F. Do not expect much activity below this temperature.
- Bait is also reusable for a period of time. Remove dead flies from liquid bait and add enough water to return liquid bait level to fill line.
- Replace bait when you notice a marked decrease in the number of flies in the trap.
Flying Insect Trap - FAQs
Q: How do your Fly Traps compare in efficacy to one another and to an ultraviolet trap?
A: For outdoor fly use, the fly trap is the best. If by ultraviolet, you mean bug zappers, they are ok, but attract a lot of other insects that are not a problem, including beneficial insects. More»
Q: What is the fly bait made of and is the odor offensive?
A: The bait formula is proprietary, consisting mostly of food grade ingredients, specifically (proteins). The odor is not as strong if the trap is placed in an area with good air circulation. Most importantly,the flies love it!
Q: What do you recommend for indoor use and why?
A: I suggest Victor® Fly Tape, or Victor® Fly Strip for indoor use to attract and trap flies odorlessly. More»
$14.99 As Low As $11.24
$6.99 As Low As $5.24