Safer® Brand Fast Acting Weed and Grass Killer - Specifications
- Controls young, succulent and actively growing weeds
- Herbicidal action is rapid with effects visible in hours
- Will not move through soil to injure nearby plants
- OMRI Listed® and compliant for use in organic gardening
What's in the Box:
- 1 Ready-to-use Spray Bottle
- Contains potassium salts of fatty acids (3%)
- 32 fl oz RTU spray
Disclaimer: Safer® Brand does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.Safer® Brand Fast Acting Weed & Grass Killer RTU 32oz is rated out of 5 by 1.Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Safer® Brand Fast Acting Weed and Grass Killer - 32 oz. RTU - Blogger Review We always have problems with weeds and this product worked within 6 hours. I highly recommend it.Date published: 2012-02-28
- All About
All About Weeds
Unwanted weeds can cause harm in your garden if left unattended. They can crowd out the flowers and vegetable plants you have worked hard to cultivate.
Weeds can also cause damage to sidewalks and cause cracks in driveways and other outdoor surfaces; and let’s not forget how weeds can take over a backyard.
Weeds are typically just plants that are growing in the wrong place. Most weeds are just the natural flowers and plants that grow in your area and some may have been introduced in the past for medicinal, culinary or decorative purposes. So if you are wondering how to classify weeds, basically, if you didn’t plant it, and you don’t want it in your lawn or garden, it’s a weed.
Unwanted weeds can cause allergic reactions for some people; some of them have jagged leaves and many of them are unruly and well, they grow like weeds, taking over your garden and crowding out the plants you have spent time, energy and money on cultivating.
- Control Options
Expert Tips for a Beautiful Garden!
Gardening can be a very rewarding and healthy undertaking. By using products and methods that comply with organic gardening standards, plants grow better, insect pests can be controlled, plant diseases can be eliminated, and lush harvests can be enjoyed!
Tips for Using Safer® Brand Fast Acting Weed and Grass Killer, RTU
This product is a general herbicide and will damage or kill all vegetation with which it comes in contact. Avoid overspray or spray drift onto desirable lawn grass, flowers, vegetables, garden plants, shrubs or trees. Keep people and pets off treated areas until dry to avoid product transfer to desirable vegetation.
This product is non-selective and non-residual. Shield lawn grass and desired plants carefully to avoid damage. This product will not move through soil to injure nearby plants. Treated areas can be seeded two days after application.
Application Tips and Remarks:
Shake well, and use as provided for spot treatment of weeds.
- Ensure thorough wetting and complete coverage of all unwanted vegetation.
- The speed at which this product works is affected by climatic conditions. For most rapid kill, apply in warm, dry weather, apply to weeds during the early periods of growth and during warm dry weather.
- Herbicidal action is rapid with effects visible within hours. Do not apply during windy conditions that will carry spray to desired vegetation.
NOTE: Only those plants or plant parts directly contacted by the herbicide spray will be damaged. This product may cause white residue on some types of brickwork or concrete. This residue will wear off after a few weeks. A dilute solution of vinegar can be used to remove residue.
- This product will control most young, succulent and actively growing weeds.
- Several treatments may be necessary to control grasses and established weeds.
- Maturing or woody weeds are less susceptible and may not be killed.
- This product will not kill all perennial weeds but will result in top kill and suppression.
- Weeds and grasses emerging after application and regrowth from perennial weeds after top kill will not be controlled without reapplication.
- Under some conditions, tough weeds like Bermudagrass, Canada thistle, and bindweed will show signs of regrowth after several weeks. Should this occur, re-treat with this product.
STORAGE & DISPOSAL:
Store only in original container in a cool dry area inaccessible to children and pets. Protect from freezing and heat. Keep container tightly closed to prevent evaporation.
If Empty: Do not reuse this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling, if available.
If Partly Filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
FAQs About Safer® Brand Fast Acting Weed and Grass Killer, RTU
Q: If I get the Fast Acting Weed and Grass Killer on plants I don't want eliminated, can it harm them?
A: Yes, it can. This product is a general herbicide and will damage or kill all vegetation with which it comes in contact.
Q: If I spray it on weeds along the sidewalk, will it spread down through the dirt to my plants in my nearby garden?
A: This product will not move through soil to injure nearby plants. Just be sure to shield the garden plants so they do not get any spray drift when you are applying this product to the weeds.
Q: I got some of the spray on my brick walkway and it left a white residue. How do I remove it?
A: A dilute solution of vinegar can be used to remove residue. However, this residue will wear off after a few weeks.
$29.99 As Low As $22.49