Victor® Poison-Free® Fly Magnet® Disposable Fly Trap
Are flies taking over your back yard, forcing you to move your guests inside? Take back your yard with our highly effective fly trap!
Hang our Victor® Poison-Free® Fly Magnet® Disposable Fly Traps around the perimeter of your property to keep your flying insect problems away from your home and outdoor living area.
This fly trap attracts house, barn and bottle flies. It contains the best bait formula available on the market. No cutting or assembly required and the hanging mechanism is included!! This bag trap is easy to use - just add water and hang, then when full, just snap top onto trap to seal and place in trash. It's that convenient and that easy!
Directions for Use:
- Remove plastic.
- Pull string to open trap.
- Add warm water to fill line.
- Hang trap onto tree branch or other suitable hanger.
- Hang trap from trees or stakes
- Keep water level at fill line at all times
- May take several hours for bait to fully activate
- Flies prefer warm, bright calm areas
- Eliminating one female fly can reduce population by 150-500 flies per year
- Flies are dormant until temperatures reach 65 degrees F.
- Flies search for food at low sources. Traps are most effective when placed 24 inches or less from the ground.
Victor® - Pest Control Solutions from the Company You’ve Trusted for Over 115 Years.
Victor® Poison-Free® Fly Magnet® Disposable Fly Trap - Specifications
- Attracts house, barn and bottle flies
- Easy to use - add water and hang
- Hanger for the bag is included
- Baited system will last a long time. Effectiveness is not diminished with time. Bait will attract a broad range of species, including house and blowflies
- Clean disposal -- snap top onto trap to seal and place in trash
What's in the Box:
- 1 Fly Trap
- Bait is completely non-toxic and made of dehydrated food-grade products
Disclaimer: Safer® Brand does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateGood productBeen using for almost 3weeks
Review RateThis product saved my sanity!We have large natural pond out back, so expected occasional fly to find it's way in house, BUT cluster flies, 50 climbing inside windows were putting me over the edge! Fly phobic! Yuck! This product hung out back took care of influx in 24 hours! Bleach bottle put away and am able to eat again without hovering over my food.
Review RateReview Posted on Amazon.comAs stated elsewhere it takes a day or two to get going, and it does smell but it did not smell as bad as we were prepared for it to. It has lasted all of a week and has caught thousands. I have to throw it out as there is no room for flies to go into the bag.My only recommendation is if you have a lot of flies go for the quart(M380) or gallon(M383) product that is reusable and can be re-baited.
Review RateReview Posted on Amazon.comThe best product for easily catching and killing outdoor flies in summer. Using it will also cut down on future flies. I see some one- and two-star reviews and the only explanation for the product not working is that the instructions were not read and followed. I have to buy it through Amazon because my local stores can't keep these in stock. Add warm water to the plastic bag, and give a little light shake to mix the powder solution into the water, then hang up outside. You will be shocked at the number of flies it catches and kills. Also, in my yard, because so many flies were exterminated it cut down on the future fly population that would have resulted from reproduction. The product does stink, and that's what attracts the flies so don't hang it near the BBG grill. The hanging catcher also is easily disposed of - be sure to snap down the yellow plastic top into the holes and the bag will be sealed for throwing into the garbage. Also be sure to replace with a new fly magnet at some point because there will be too many dead flies in the liquid for the scent to still be attracting new flies. Most importantly, Read All The Instructions. Buy the fly magnet, and take back your backyard.
Review RateReview Posted on Amazon.comI don't know if this product is going to rid my yard of flies but I put out two traps yesterday and they have caught 100's of flies already. I plan on going to get a couple more today and spread them out in the yard. People say that this product smells but I haven't been able to smell it at all. The bait when you first put it in the container doesn't smell too great but once you add the water that smell goes away. Maybe it starts to smell if you leave the dead flies in there too long? Anyway, it really does work and it is fun to watch. I wish someone would post a video on YouTube! I just might have to do it myself.
Review RateReview Posted on Amazon.comStinky, but worth the smell! I wish I'd have found these a long time ago. Setting the trap up is very simple and it lasts about a week here in Ohio. I will continue to purchase these traps form Amazon.com because this is the only place to get a great deal. Very pricy through other retailers.
- All About
All About Flies Victor® Poison-Free® Fly Magnet® Disposable Fly Trap Controls
Houseflies (black, non-glossy body) and blowflies (metallic blue/green/gold body) are the most common types found around homes -- both are categorized as "filth flies". Houseflies are attracted more toward animal manure and decayed food, while the blowfly is attracted more to decayed meat (road kill) or fish.
Learn more about flying insects:
- Control Options
Controlling Flying Insects
House Fly Controls
Indoor and outdoor fly traps containing non-poisonous baits, fly paper, and aerosol sprays containing pyrethrins/d-limonene are types of products that can be effective in controlling houseflies.
Indoor fly traps can be safely used inside the home when directions are followed. Outdoor fly traps can be used when many flies have infiltrated an area. There are different types of fly paper available for indoor and outdoor use as well.
Use non-poisonous aerosols such as those containing mint oil, pyrethrin, and d-limonene for instant spot control.
Outdoor fly traps contain food attractants that draws flies. These traps should be placed outdoors according to trap instructions. Set these traps away from outdoor living spaces. By attracting flies, the trap will keep them away from your home, patio or deck.
Indoor fly traps may also contain food based baits and can be used safely in the home when directions are followed. Some traps attract flies just because of their 3-D look. Flies are always looking for a place to land and the color contrast of some traps creates the look of an edge for them to land. Fly paper, an adhesive type of paper, can be placed around windows, in garages, and in barns and stables.
Use aerosols in accordance with directions on the product label.
Fly traps and fly paper should be placed when fly numbers increase. Flies increase in numbers as the temperature rises and often after rainfall since these factors cause the flies' eggs to hatch.
Flies are less active and roost in corners, on ceilings and on the tops of window panes during the heat of the day. Spraying them at this time of day is the most effective use of aerosol sprays.
Methods of controlling houseflies include all of the following: removing organic debris from the inside or outside of your house, properly maintaining screens and screen doors, and closing off any cracks in your outside walls that would allow flies to enter your home.
- Remove organic debris and trash near your home and in your yard. Place it in a trash bag and tightly close it. Put it out on trash day.
- Make sure all of your windows have screens on them. Fix or replace any screens containing holes. Keep doors or screen doors closed.
- Use caulk or weatherstripping to fill in any cracks or holes in the outside walls of your home.
- Pet waste should be cleaned and disposed of often and removed with the trash weekly.
- Remove any organic debris and trash from inside as well as outside of your home throughout the year.
- Check screens and screen door before installing or using in the Spring. Periodically check them throughout the summer. Also, check them in the fall before storing them.
- Fill in any cracks or holes in your outside walls in late summer or early fall before houseflies enter your home in search of warmer surroundings.
Tips for Trapping Flies
- The system will attract flies from a distance of 30 to 40 feet, depending on wind conditions.
- Add water to the trap if the solution is below fill line. Water is needed to drown trapped flies.
- Flies prefer heat, light and low wind. Place traps in sunny areas. If in an enclosed area such as a barn, place traps within 6 feet of an electrical light.
- Flies search low for food sources. Traps are most effective when placed 2 ft or less from ground level.
- Flies remain dormant until their body temperature reaches approximately 65 degrees F. Do not expect much activity below this temperature.
- Bait is also reusable for a period of time. Remove dead flies from liquid bait and add enough water to return liquid bait level to fill line.
- Replace bait when you notice a marked decrease in the number of flies in the trap.
Flying Insect Trap - FAQs
Q: How do your Fly Traps compare in efficacy to one another and to an ultraviolet trap?
A: For outdoor fly use, the fly trap is the best. If by ultraviolet, you mean bug zappers, they are ok, but attract a lot of other insects that are not a problem, including beneficial insects. More»
Q: What is the fly bait made of and is the odor offensive?
A: The bait formula is proprietary, consisting mostly of food grade ingredients, specifically (proteins).The odor is not as strong if the trap is placed in an area with good air circulation. Most importantly, the flies love it!
Q: What do you recommend for indoor use and why?
A: I suggest Victor® Fly Tape, or Victor® Fly Strip for indoor use to attract and trap flies odorlessly. More»
As Low As $11.24
As Low As $5.24