Safer® Brand $500 Garden Grant for Schools
Safer® Brand offers a yearly grant of $500 to a help a school develop and/or maintain an onsite garden. At Safer® Brand, we see school gardens as a way to bring classmates closer together and unite everyone in a common goal of better health. Healthy and safe food is what Safer® Brand is all about, and that’s why we make products that are compliant for use in organic gardening to help you and your plants thrive.
Who Can Apply for the Safer® Brand Garden Grant?
Safer® Brand makes one grant available per year. It is available to any school serving grades K through 12 that intends to create or maintain a fruit, berry, vegetable, flower or hydroponic garden on the school campus as a teaching tool.
Send your submission between September 1 and December 1.
Please provide the following information in an email to email@example.com:
1) Your name
2) Your Position (if staff/faculty/volunteer) or Grade (if a student)
3) School Name
4) School Address
5) School Website Address
6) Name and email and/or phone number of a school administrator or principal. Prior to awarding a grant, Safer® Brand will confirm a school garden is permitted on the property.
7) PHOTOS: Two to five photos of the garden location. No people should be visible in the photos unless you provide a photo release form for each individual. Submitted photos become the property of Safer® Brand and may be used in Safer® Brand websites, social media and promotional materials.
8) ESSAY: In 50 to 300 words, explain your garden plan and how you will utilize your grant money from Safer® Brand. (Tip: Consult our articles section for insights on Safer® Brand’s views on how youngsters can benefit from gardening. You can also find reports of past grant winners here.)
How Safer® Brand Chooses the Grant Winner
A grant winner will be selected based on information provided by the applicant. Safer® Brand’s decision on the winner is considered final.
The winner will be notified by email no later than February 1. The award of $500 is for use in the garden project only. It will be awarded directly to your school. You will be asked to provide the administrator’s full name and school address, and the grant money will be directed there.
Safer® Brand will notify only the winning school on February 1. The winner will be notified at the same email in which you used to apply.
Missed the deadline?
Sign up for Safer® Brand’s newsletter to receive notifications of contests, grants and gardening tips.
Additional Rules and Regulations
‣ Schools that win the Safer® School Garden Grant cannot enter to win again in future years.
‣ School must be located in the United States.
‣ Safer® Brand has the right to post winning or non-winning entries on its website, social media accounts and in other promotional/marketing materials.
‣ Safer® Brand may choose not to award the grant if available entries are deemed not suitable.
‣ No purchase necessary to apply for Safer® School Garden Grant.