Safer® Brand Fast-Acting Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate 32oz - Specifications
- Controls young, succulent and actively growing weeds
- Herbicidal action is rapid with effects visible in hours
- Will not move through soil to damage nearby plants
- Can be reseeded as early as 2 days after application
What's in the Box:
- (1) 32oz concentrate
- Contains potassium salts of fatty acids (19.56%)
- Makes 1.5 gallons of solution
Disclaimer: Safer® Brand does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateIs it a royal rip off?
I'm sitting here thoroughly disappointed. In the past I've used organic weed and grass killers on occasion but the cost and multiple treatments has put me off. Since I was planning a new garden area I got a couple quarts of the concentrate. Mixed up a half gallon batch with 16 oz. yesterday and now 24 hours later, nothing... In the past I thought the stuff started working in 4-6 hours. I'll give it another day but at this point I'm beginning to wonder why everything looks green.Response From Safer Brand®Patty : Consumer Relations Representative
We apologize for this experience and would like the opportunity to learn more. Visible results usually occur within 4 hours of application with this product.
Please contact our Consumer Relations Team directly at 1-855-7-ORGANIC (1-855-767-4264) for additional assistance.
Review RateWorks great!Worked great on my crab grass!
Review RateSaferWeed KillerI purchased this product to kill weeds that grow between the cracks in my paver patio. I followed the directions carefully and sprayed the weeds. About a third of them showed visible signs of dying out within a couple of hours. Others just seemed to get wilted leaves. The rest of the weeds were unaffected. I waited two days to see if there would be improvement, but there was not. I reapplied and the remaining living weeds still showed the same ratio of weed death to being unaffected. I gave up and used white vinegar.
- All About
All About Weeds
Unwanted weeds can cause harm in your garden if left unattended. They can crowd out the flowers and vegetable plants you have worked hard to cultivate.
Weeds can also cause damage to sidewalks and cause cracks in driveways and other outdoor surfaces; and let’s not forget how weeds can take over a backyard.
Weeds are typically just plants that are growing in the wrong place. Most weeds are the natural flowers and plants that grow in your area and some may have been introduced in the past for medicinal, culinary or decorative purposes. So if you are wondering how to classify weeds basically, if you didn’t plant it, and you don’t want it in your lawn or garden, it’s a weed.
Unwanted weeds can cause allergic reactions for some people; some of them have jagged leaves and many of them are unruly and well, they grow like weeds, taking over your garden and crowding out the plants you have spent time, energy and money on cultivating.
- Control Options
Expert Tips for a Beautiful Garden!
Gardening can be a very rewarding and healthy undertaking. By using products that comply with organic gardening standards and methods, plants grow better, insect pests can be controlled, plant diseases can be eliminated, and lush harvests can be enjoyed!
Tips for Using Safer® Brand Fast-Acting Weed and Grass Killer, RTU
This product is a general herbicide and will damage or kill all vegetation with which it comes in contact. Avoid overspray or spray drift onto desirable lawn grass, flowers, vegetables, garden plants, shrubs or trees. Keep people and pets off treated areas until dry to avoid product transfer to desirable vegetation.
This product is non-selective and non-residual. Shield lawn grass and desired plants carefully to avoid damage. This product will not move through soil to injure nearby plants. Treated areas can be seeded two days after application.
Application Tips and Remarks:
Shake well, and use as provided for spot treatment of weeds.
- Ensure thorough wetting and complete coverage of all unwanted vegetation.
- The speed at which this product works is affected by climatic conditions. For most rapid kill, apply in warm, dry weather, apply to weeds during the early periods of growth and during warm dry weather.
- Herbicidal action is rapid with effects visible within hours. Do not apply during windy conditions that will carry spray to desired vegetation.
NOTE: Only those plants or plant parts directly contacted by the herbicide spray will be damaged. This product may cause white residue on some types of brickwork or concrete. This residue will wear off after a few weeks. A dilute solution of vinegar can be used to remove residue.
- This product will control most young, succulent and actively growing weeds.
- Several treatments may be necessary to control grasses and established weeds.
- Maturing or woody weeds are less susceptible and may not be killed.
- This product will not kill all perennial weeds but will result in top kill and suppression.
- Weeds and grasses emerging after application and regrowth from perennial weeds after top kill will not be controlled without reapplication.
- Under some conditions, tough weeds like Bermudagrass, Canada thistle, and bindweed will show signs of regrowth after several weeks. Should this occur, re-treat with this product.
STORAGE & DISPOSAL:
Store only in original container in a cool dry area inaccessible to children and pets. Protect from freezing and heat. Keep container tightly closed to prevent evaporation.
If Empty: Do not reuse this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling, if available.
If Partly Filled: Call your local solid waste agency or (800)CLEANUP for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
FAQs About Safer® Brand Fast Acting Weed and Grass Killer, RTU
Q: If I get the Fast Acting Weed and Grass Killer on plants I don't want eliminated, can it harm them?
A: Yes, it can. This product is a general herbicide and will damage or kill all vegetation with which it comes in contact.
Q: If I spray it on weeds along the sidewalk, will it spread down through the dirt to my plants in my nearby garden?
A: This product will not move through soil to injure nearby plants. Just be sure to shield the garden plants so they do not get any spray drift when you are applying this product to the weeds.
Q: I got some of the spray on my brick walkway and it left a white residue. How do I remove it?
A: A dilute solution of vinegar can be used to remove residue. However, this residue will wear off after a few weeks.
As Low As $5.99